Japan thanks S. Korea for Israel rescue effort
时间:2023-12-05 19:47:15 出处:뉴스阅读（143）
Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa thanked South Korean Foreign Minister Park Jin for evacuating Japanese from Israel using South Korea’s military transport plane in a phone call Sunday, the Foreign Ministry in Seoul said in a statement.
On board the plane, which landed at Seoul Air Base late Saturday from Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion International Airport, were 163 South Koreans, 51 Japanese and six Singaporeans. Medical staff along with a team handling emergency responses were also aboard.
“The Japanese government will actively seek to lend support to South Korea should similar situations unfold,” the statement read, noting that the Japanese top diplomat proposed continued cooperation. The two ministers, the statement added, agreed to work together on protecting the lives of South Koreans and Japanese as well as their safety as geopolitical crises take place.
No South Korean fatalities or casualties have so far been reported since the militant Palestinian group Hamas’ surprise, multipronged attack on Israel two weeks ago.
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Zepeto metaverse plans to support Apple Vision Pro
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- 추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- 국힘 누비는 김한길과 그의 사람들..."결 다른데" 친윤은 불편
- 폰에 '파이팅' 문자 있는 여성 끌려갔다…北, 청년에 이런 단속