Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
时间:2023-12-05 20:49:05 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- National Theater of Korea's 50th year to close with 'Song of King Sejong'
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- 윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”
- "중동사태, 특등 전쟁상인 美 때문"…불법무기상 北 적반하장
- Daewoo E&C seeks to join Indonesia's capital relocation
- [Herald Review] 'Different, but in harmony'
- Jeju female divers 'haenyeo' listed as FAO agricultural heritage system
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- Tajikistan envoy urges S. Korea to partner for green economy vision