Pianist Chung Kyu
时间:2023-12-05 19:38:52 出处:영화阅读（143）
TONGYEONG, South Gyeongsang Province -- A weeklong competition for young pianists ended in Tongyeong Saturday evening with five winners.
At Isangyun Competition 2023, Chung Kyu-bin was announced the first prize winner, beating four other finalists who each performed a piano concerto with the Tongyeong Festival Orchestra led by conductor Samuel Lee. Chung received 30 million won ($23,000) in prize money.
Chung was the second to perform and grace the stage with Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Op. 15 for 49 minutes.
“I’m not sure if the piece is the best choice for a competition, but I thought I should choose what I like the most,” Chung, who said his favorite composers are Beethoven and Brahms, told The Korea Herald after the award ceremony on Saturday.
“I was really nervous and I’m happy that it’s over. I still have a long journey ahead as a musician. I will continue to learn and remain a musician who always loves music,” the 26-year-old said. Chung studies at University of Music and Performing Arts Munich after graduating from the Korean National University of Arts.
- Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- [Herald Interview] Yi Yi Jeong
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- LS Cable develops world’s fastest data transfer cable